How to file an RTI?
In today’s time one must know how to file an RTI. RTI allows you to seek information from public authorities. It increases the transparency in the governance & administration.
If you are below poverty line then you don’t have to pay anything. Else you have to pay an amount of 10 INR or more depending upon the format in which the information has been sought.
To file an RTI just follow the below steps:
1. Search on Google India “File an RTI” & click on the url that ends with gov.in
Or simply log on to: http://www.rtionline.gov.in
2. Click on “Submit Request”.
3. Select from the drop down menu the concerned Ministry & then the Department from which you seek information.
4. Fill up the details. Be careful while writing the text of RTI Request Application.
Only alphabets A-Z a-z, no. 0-9 and special characters, .- ()/:&\% are allowed.
Note: Question Mark ? is NOT allowed.
5. Proceed for payments.
6. After this you will receive a registration no. via SMS & e-mail. You can use it to Track your RTI.
That’s it. It is as simple as that!
With Great Love,
Er. Amit Yadav