Too much depends upon where you work as a content-writer.
## In tech-company.
If in a tech inc. then you are required to write content for website & it’s blog. You may also be entrusted with the responsibility of handling social media profiles of the company as well.
These days while hiring companies do mention in requirements : blogging plus SMM.
You may also be required to do documentation of softwares. Drafting formal content as & when required is a key-skill to be a good content-writer.
## Fun-Entertainment-Story web.
This involves writing for common folks who consume sensational, sexy & mirch-masala content. For this you have to keep a track of what’s trending in music, film & any other spicy news.
– good writing skills
– story-telling skills
– good hold on grammar
or to sum up
“Ability to write engaging & well-drafted content”.
– you might be asked to re-draft the content.
– usually you will have to type a lot. So, you won’t feel like chatting with people as you will wish to restrain yourself from typing after work.
– it is fun only when you write on the genre you adore.
– learnings are great. Very helpful if you want to make career in writing industry.
– you get to learn a lot because you have to browse a lot over net to get stories to be featured on website, in a way, you get to read a lot which adds a lot of general information over time.
– you will also get opportunities to attend big events, conduct interviews, etc.
You can become a content-writer at “The Logical Indian”, “The Better India”, ,yourstory.com, entrepreneur.com, etc. Not only they are prestigious but also offer handsome pay & salary.
You can also switch to journalism after doing some diploma course.
With Great Love,
Er. Amit Yadav